Saturday, September 10, 2011

Nursery Babies


This is a baby project made for a woman/baby that my mom's work had "adopted" for the holidays. Took me 2 days to complete this one. I love this pattern with the orange ruffled edges. I actually went back and bought 2 more blankets worth of fleece, that I am keeping on hand for gender-neutral baby blankets. I may try a lime green edge - but I just love the orange. Not very often can I find ways to incorporate orange into my life!

I poked the holes with the Edgerydoo. It's a plastic template and awl system that help you get perfectly spaced holes to crochet through. Please ask if you have any questions about the edgerydoo - I LOVE this tool!

The pattern came from the edgerydoo site here. I love the ruffled edge this has!

2 comments:

  1. That edging is gorgeous. Is there a special name or where could I find the pattern to follow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pattern can be found HERE on the edgerydoo site. I didn't use the specified baby weight yarn, I used Caron Simply Soft - so it is a bit more ruffled on my version. I am not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing!

    Here is a link to the same pattern, but different weight yarn Pretty Pink

    ReplyDelete