Saturday, September 10, 2011

Monkeys! My Fave!





I love love these red monkeys. The fleece was purchased at JoAnn's, and it came in either red or a dark blue. I went back to find more, but couldn't find any. Can't find any online either. I used my edgerydoo to poke the holes, then single crocheted + 2 chains for the foundation row. Row 1 used a straight single crochet in each sc and ch2 space. Rows 3 and 4 were single crocheted, in back loops only. This blanket will be going to project linus.

2 comments:

  1. Why do you sometimes do the crochet edge in the back or front loops only? Is it to make it a little softer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually I crochet in the back loops only - simply because it adds a bit of texture. See where the each row is defined by a little ridge? That little ridge is the front loop that I don't use. You can see it in the bottom picture here a bit better... Orange Tie Dye

    ReplyDelete